• Hallo TT-Modellbahner, schön, dass du zu uns gefunden hast.
    Um alle Funktionen nutzen zu können, empfehlen wir dir, dich anzumelden. Denn vieles, was das Board zu bieten hat, ist ausschließlich angemeldeten Nutzern vorbehalten. Du benötigst nur eine gültige E-Mail-Adresse und schon kannst du dich registrieren.
    Deine Mailadresse wird für nichts Anderes verwendet als zur Kommunikation zwischen uns.
    Die Crew des TT-Boardes

Kato track widening

Muir

Foriker
Reaktionen
Hi guys. Been playing around with some Kato tracks converting them to 12mm gauge for the bettungsgleis. Big fan of the bettungsgleis just I kinda wish tillig might take a bit of a feather from kato and tomix, but for what tillig are doing it's great.
The engine stand tracks look particularly good I reckon, excellent around a BW...

Anhänge

• 20230813_175338.jpg
    20230813_175338.jpg
    115 KB · Aufrufe: 392
Hallo @Muir , it´s 3-D-Print?

mir erscheint der Aufwand der Bearbeitung eines Gleises eines Herstellers zum gleichen Zweck, für den es schon ein bewährtes Gleissystem eines anderen Herstellers gibt, für wenig sinnvoll;

das einzige, was ich so auch machte, war, daß ich Minitrix-Eingleishilfen auf TT-Spur umspurte, da Tillig unbegreiflicherweise bis heute so etwas nicht schaffte;

mfg
fp

Thank you so much! It's pretty rough: just cut it smack down the middle and cut a few lengths of thin plasticard of the right width down the middle. Rather fortuitously the kato track is a shade lower than the tillig so using a thin bit of plasticard (0.5mm) I can create a base and bring it to the full width of the tillig track.
It's not meant to be "scale" or anything fairly obviously, it's meant to look like the bedding track range. Kato and Tomix have an exceptional range of this style track and it works superbly and is a very good looking track system.
the Japanese make exceptional use of this style track and to be honest, I like it functional and looking like a model railway rather than a realistic portrayal of the real thing.
Different strokes for different folks :)

I think the effort involved in processing a track from one manufacturer for the same purpose, for which there is already a proven track system from another manufacturer, makes little sense;

the only thing I did was that I umspurt Minitrix Einrailhilfe to TT gauge, because Tillig, incomprehensibly, hasn't managed to do something like this to this day;

Kind regards
fp
I agree. The reason for these pieces is the simple fact that tillig don't make anything close to them and the bed track doesn't lend itself to making things like locomotive pits or ash pits and they just add to the picture of a complete locomotive BW. For me just as useful as an engine shed or a coal tower.
something like a bridge I wouldn't bother with as a bridge is a bridge.
I'm afraid einrailhilfe didn't translate well: the smattering of German I know it sounds like one rail help but I don't know...
I'm interested as to what one is?
cheers
Muir

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
I am most interested in the left locomotive model. A cast or DIY?
Haha. That's a rough diy of an E93 from a standard bttb E94. I tried to give it a few E94 cues: removing the large roof structure, adding the front windows surrounds and giving it a slightly different looking frame.
As the dip in the bttb E94 frame is an integral part of the mechanism not a lot I could do about that.
No idea why I suddenly had the urge for an E93, but it's one more for the roster.
Got a mabuchi in it as well and a coreless in one of the E94's. Tbh I'm actually quite impressed with how well a serviced and low mileage bttb round motor actually is.
What a long answer :)

As far as I know, Kato does not have such a piece of track in its range, only a manual rerailer to put on the track,

mfg
fp
Cheers. I've got a bunch of the tomix N, where nearly everything is present, tomix having a substantially larger range and market than kato. Might have a tool around with tomix

bei der Suche bitte beachten: Minitrix und Tillig verwenden das gleich Schienenprofil!
Kato+Tomix u.a. ????

mfg
fp

Zurück
Oben